Tsarksoe Selo
The Tsar’s Rail Station (1911–1912) | entrance

Between 1895 and 1909 the Tsar constructed His Own Railway between St. Petersburg and Tsarskoe Selo.  This line was for Imperial use only and had a special pavillion at each end as well as being connected with all the other rail lines running out of Petersburg.  The station stands near the barracks of the Imperial Escort and the Imperial Garages; the Alexander Palace was just a few minutes’ drive by carriage or motorcar, along an exceptionally smooth road..  The original wooden station burned in 1910; this one was built on its place.